Summer Student - Events & Programming Assistant
Shelter House is seeking a temporary full-time summer student to assist the Development Officer with fundraising, events, and progamming. This position is subject to approval of funding through Canada Summer Jobs provided by the Government of Canada.
Qualifications for this position are as follows:
- 15-30 years of age at start of employment
- Full-time registered student in 2016-2017 academic year
- Intend to return full-time for 2017-2018 academic year
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or conferred refuge protection under the Immigration and Refuge Protection act
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada
To view the full position posting please click here
To view the job description please click here
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume by Friday May 12, 2017 at 4:30pm to the Human Resources Coordinator, Marsha Ledger at shelterhouse%23on%23ca|marsha%23ledger.
Shelter House is an equal opportunity and invites applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, indigenous persons and persons with disabilities.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Shelter House is seeking a permanent full time Financial Officer. A key member of the administration team, this position will contribute to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing all financial tasks for the organization such as: financial accounting and reporting; payroll preparation and administration; budget preparation; and project management accounting. This position requires a candidate with an ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential information, attention to detail, and excellent written and verbal communication.
- University degree or college diploma in Accounting, Commerce, or Business Management/Administration.
- Three to five years of accounting experience in a nonprofit organization.
- Knowledge of GAAP, federal and provincial legislation affecting charities, employment standards, occupational health and safety, and human rights.
- Proficiency with use of SAGE, Telepay and Excel
Salary for this position is $45,000 + SSQ benefit package and 3% Optional Matching RRSP Program.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume by Friday May 12, 2017 at 4:30 pm to: Marsha Ledger, Human Resources Coordinator via email at shelterhouse%23on%23ca|marsha%23ledger OR feel free to stop by Shelter House (420 George St.) during business hours.
To view the full job description please click here.
Shelter House is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.