DEVELOPMENT OFFICER ASSISTANT - SUMMER STUDENT
Job Title: Development Officer Assistant
Start Date and End Date to be determined
Internal & External Posting
Job Description: See attached Job Description
The Reporting Line and
Supervisory Structure: Reports directly to the Development Officer
The Location of the Position: Shelter House Thunder Bay
420 George St.
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 5Y8
Hours of Work: 30 hours per week
8 week work placement
Wage: $14.00 per hour + 3% in lieu of vacation.
Dead Line for Application: Tuesday, May 15, 2018
Requirements for Position: To be eligible for this position through the Canada Summer Jobs initiative, you must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act ; and,
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Shelter House is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities. Reasonable accommodation may be requested for any step in the hiring process.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Assistant either directly or through email (Melissa.email@example.com).
To view full job description click here..
CASUAL MAINTENANCE / KITCHEN ASSISTANT
Shelter House is currently recruiting a Casual Maintenance / Kitchen Assistant. The Maintenance / Kitchen Assistant will follow direction from the Maintenance and Operations Supervisor to assist with maintenance and kitchen duties. The Maintenance / Kitchen Assistant will work in accordance with the Building Codes, Fire Codes, Occupational Health and Safety Act, accessibility standards and the values and goals of the organization. The Maintenance / Kitchen Assistant will work closely with the maintenance supervisor to ensure the facility and grounds are kept in good condition. The Maintenance / Kitchen Assistant will work closely with volunteers and front line staff to provide meals to our community clients.
The wage for this position is $14.00/hr plus 7% in lieu of vacation and benefits.
- General maintenance experience.
- Kitchen and/or culinary experience.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast pace environment.
- Diplomacy and respect for staff, volunteers, and the vulnerable population the organization serves.
- Demonstrated understanding of the complex nature of the population Shelter House serves and organization’s guiding philosophies of client-centered care, low barrier access and harm reduction.
Please visit our website at http://www.shelterhouse.on.ca/article/job-opportunities-483.asp to view a full job description.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Melissa Scholz, the Human Resources Assistant at shelterhouse%23on%23ca|melissa%23scholz by May 10, 2018.
To view full job description click here.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Shelter house is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities.