Shelter House is currently recruiting for the following positions:
Case Manager: Temporary Full-Time
Shelter House is seeking a temporary full-time Case Manager. The case manager will be responsible for managing client cases and providing guidance and support to the social navigator to ensure Shelter House clientele receives quality services from internal and external service providers.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma. Social services sector and relevant experience is preferred.
- Experience working with clients with mental health and/or addictions.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge and proficiency in current assessment and short-term counseling techniques.
- Ability to deal with crises.
- Ability to work within a client-centred and harm reduction approach.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office.
The salary for this position is $22.25/hr plus 7% in lieu of vacation and benefits.
COMMUNITY SUPPORT WORKER (Multiple Positions)
COMMUNITY SUPPORT WORKER – FULL TIME
Location: Kwae-Kii-Win (Managed Alcohol Program)
Hours: midnights (11:30 pm – 7:30 am) Tues. – Sat.
Wage: $17.29/hr + 7% in lieu of vacation and benefits and 1% in lieu of PEL
COMMUNITY SUPPORT WORKER – PART TIME
Location: Emergency Shelter
Hours: days (7:30 am – 3:30 pm) Sat/Sun evenings (3:30 pm – 11:30 pm) Thurs.
Wage: $17.29/hr + 7% in lieu of vacation and benefits & 1% in lieu of PEL
COMMUNITY SUPPORT WORKER – CASUAL
Location: Emergency Shelter & Kwae Kii Win (Managed Alcohol Program)
Front-line community support workers at Shelter House assist a complex population with shelter and access to resources. Shelter House is a low-barrier facility that operates under a harm reduction philosophy. We are the last resort for many of the population we serve. As a member of our support team you can expect to:
- Interact with the vulnerable population that may have complex concurrent disorders.
- Participate in occasional cleaning of dorms, bathrooms, and laundry.
- Perform kitchen related duties such as food prep and clean up.
- Use verbal de-escalation skills to help maintain a safe environment.
- See the impact your actions have on our community.
Successful candidates will have strong interpersonal, communication, team, and conflict resolution skills. The candidate will demonstrate knowledge of Shelter House, the services we provide, the population we serve, and the ability to work with compassion while asserting clear boundaries. Availability for all three shifts is required.
As a new member of our support team, you will receive training, support, and guidance from co-workers who have experienced the joy of helping others first hand.
Qualifications include education in the Social Services, Human Service Sector, Police Foundations, Aboriginal Advocacy, etc. with work experience in the social work field, outreach, and/or crisis response. Lived experience is a valued asset.
See full job description here: job-description-support-sh
Shelter House is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. Reasonable accommodation may be requested for any step in the hiring process. If you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please contact human resources at 807-474-4353 or email email@example.com.
Either complete our online application form or submit your cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Coordinator outlining the position you are applying for either directly or through email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please also quote the rotation you are interested in, in the subject line and Cover Letter for the position.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.