SleepOUT for Shelter
SleepOUT for Shelter will start March 28th at 10pm and end on March 29th at 7am. This event will be held at Shelter House (420 George St.) in the courtyard.
This interactive experience allows participants to experience homelessness first hand. SleepOUT allows individuals to immerse themselves into the lives of Thunder Bay’s homeless population by spending the night outside, as many do every day.
Hear stories and experiences from individuals with experiences of being homeless.
All funds raised through this event will go directly to continuing our programs helping us support the men, women, and youth in our community living in poverty and homelessness every year.
Each participant commits to:
Fundraising a minimum of $100.00 for individuals, $400.00 for teams to SleepOUT. A prize will be awarded to the top individual fundraiser and the top fundraising team will be recognized for their contributions.
What you will need:
- Sleeping Bag
- Flash Light
- Warm Clothing
- Garbage Bags
- Two items of your choosing
Each participant will receive:
- A Nighttime Survival Kit (includes: Sandwiches, Water & Pastries)
- Complimentary breakfast the morning after the SleepOUT
- Flattened Cardboard
Registration is now open:
- Register and begin collecting pledges online click here: https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/shelter-housethunder-bay/p2p/SleepOut2020/
- Register and begin collecting pledges offline and in-person download and print the registration package here.
- Check out our third-party fundraising toolkit here!
- Get SOCIAL with us! Find SleepOUT images for social media in our google drive folder here.
- Make sure to use #SleepOut on your posts!
Thank you for your support, our first SleepOut in 2018 raised $7,800!
We are so incredibly thankful for everyone involved in our SleepOUT. Together, our participants raised $7,800.00 for our Shelter. What an amazing showing of the huge heart our city has. Thank you to all of our partners, Country 105 & 99.9 The Bay for being our media sponsor. Tents & Events for donating all of the supplies we needed for sleeping out. Thunder Bay Crime Prevention Council for getting up early to volunteer their time to cook breakfast. Intercity Shopping Centre for donating the prizes for our top fundraisers. We could not have made this event a success without these amazing people involved!