Volunteering - COVID 19 UPDATE
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the following measures are being taken to ensure the safety of our staff, clients, and volunteers:
1. Only 5-10 volunteers for each meal service (lunch and dinner) will be allowed in the kitchen at one time to minimize contact and keep traffic low within the building. We welcome any groups that still want to provide help, however, we ask that larger groups contact Eric, our Volunteer Coordinator, to see if there is the potential to split their members up into two separate dates or times.
2. Our meals will be packaged in a take-out format for the time being. Shelter House staff will serve these meals to the general community who use our services in a separate area from the kitchen.
3. With the increased demand on our meal services, we also ask groups to prepare a quantity of food that will serve approximately 200 people.
Interested in volunteering?
If at any point you said to yourself, “I CAN DO THAT!”, we would like to hear from you! Shelter House relies heavily on the kindness and generosity of community members, a little help goes a long way!
Please fill out the volunteer form below. For more information, please email email@example.com.
If you have already completed the volunteer form and would like to sign-up for a meal service please click the sign-up button below and it will bring you to our new online volunteer sign-up space.
We’re using SignUp.com (the leading online SignUp and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming SignUps. Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click the link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
If you would prefer to not use this new tool, please contact Eric directly to schedule a time by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 474-4353.
Complete this form and join our team, we can’t wait to see you!