We receive different streams of funding, but unfortunately, we still depend heavily on support from the community to operate our programs and services.
You can donate by telephone, mail, in person or online.
Simply call Kimberley, our Development Officer at 474-4357 and she will assist you in making your donation using your Visa or MasterCard. Our regular business hours are from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday.
You can mail donations to:
Shelter House Thunder Bay
420 George St.
Thunder Bay, ON, P7E 5Y8
You can drop off donations (monetary, food, etc.) to Rotary Shelter House, located at 420 George St., using the main entrance off of George Street. We accept donations anytime before 1:30 pm, and after 3:30 pm, seven days a week. If you are dropping off a large food donation, please call us in advance (807-623-8182) so we can ensure someone is available to assist you.
Our most needed food donations include:
• Canned soups
• Canned vegetables
• Salad dressing
• Oil and vinegar
• Pasta sauces
• Canned stew and chili
• Canned tuna and chicken
• Peanut butter and jam
• All condiments (mustard, relish, ketchup, mayonnaise)
Become a Monthly Donor
By becoming a monthly donor, you’ll continue to support Shelter House Thunder Bay. Monthly giving allows for flexible giving options, streamlined administration and you’ll receive updates on what your donation makes possible throughout the year. Best of all, your gift makes a bigger charitable impact so that we can continue to do the work that we do and move towards changing the way society approaches homelessness, mental illness, and addictions.
PLEASE MAKE ALL CHEQUES PAYABLE TO: SHELTER HOUSE THUNDER BAY
Host an Event
Have a flair for fundraising? want to make a difference? You can host a third party event that will bring money and awareness for our cause!
Need some ideas?
- Host a Collection Drive: we are always in need of food, personal items and more for our clients
- Birthday Presents: instead of presents, ask for donations to be made to our shelter
- Dress Down Day: Pay $5 to wear jeans to work
- Loose Change: Put containers out at retail businesses for loose change
- Softball/Soccer/Basketball Tournament: Charge an entry fee for each team
- Office Pot Luck: Everyone brings their favourite dish and contributes $5 for a buffet lunch.
- Car Wash
- Crafts/Yard/Bake Sale
Want to host a Third Party Event? Contact Kimberley Kennedy at 807-474-4357 or by e-mail at Kimberley.Kennedy@shelterhouse.on.ca