- Thunder Bay Emergency Shelter Inc. (Shelter House Thunder Bay) is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and in doing so adhere to many of the available standards and guidelines.
- This website endeavours to conform to level Double-A of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities. Conformance with these guidelines will help make the web more user-friendly for all people.
- This site has been built using code compliant with W3C standards for HTML and CSS. The site displays correctly in current browsers and using standards compliant HTML/CSS code means any future browsers will also display it correctly.
- Whilst Thunder Bay Emergency Shelter Inc. (Shelter House Thunder Bay) strives to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website.
- We are continually seeking out solutions that will bring all areas of the site up to the same level of overall web accessibility. In the meantime should you experience any difficulty in accessing the Thunder Bay Emergency Shelter Inc. (Shelter House Thunder Bay) at https://www.shelterhouse.on.ca/ website, please don’t hesitate to contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (807) 474-4357.
- To view our accessibility plan please click here, or contact us using the email or phone number listed above.
1. Website usage tracking
Our websites may automatically record some general information about your visit in order for Thunder Bay Emergency Shelter Inc. (Shelter House Thunder Bay) to engage in web statistical analysis using Google Analytics. We want to make sure our sites are useful to visitors and make the most efficient use of donor dollars in our marketing efforts through targeted advertising. This information may include the:
- internet domain for your internet service provider, such as “company.com” or “service.ca” and the IP address of the computer you are using to access Thunder Bay Emergency Shelter Inc. (Shelter House Thunder Bay)’s website;
- type of browser you are using, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox or Chrome;
- type of operating system you are using such as Windows or Macintosh;
- date and time of the visit to our site, the pages of our site that were visited, and the address of the previous website you were visiting if you linked to us from another website;
- age category, gender, and affinity interests as determined by demographic and interest reports available through Google Analytics.
We also use “cookies” that identify you as a return visitor and which can help us tailor information to suit your individual preferences. A cookie is a small text file that a website can send to your browser, which may then store the cookie on your hard drive. The goal is to save you time next time you visit, provide you with a more meaningful visit, and measure website activity. Cookies in and of themselves cannot be used to reveal your identity. Many browsers, however, allow you to disable cookie collection if you wish, or inform you when a cookie is being stored on your hard drive.
3. Targeted advertising
4. Third-party social media
Thunder Bay Emergency Shelter Inc. (Shelter House Thunder Bay)’s use of social media serves as an extension of its presence on the internet. Social media accounts are public and are not hosted on Thunder Bay Emergency Shelter Inc. (Shelter House Thunder Bay)’s servers. Users who choose to interact with Thunder Bay Emergency Shelter Inc. (Shelter House Thunder Bay) via social media should read the terms of service and privacy policies of these third-party service providers and those of any applications used to access them.